new ad

Clare Crawley | The Bachelorette | Bachelor in Paradise

Clare Crawley | The Bachelorette | Bachelor in Paradise


Image result for The Bachelorette

went back in the archives for the newest "Bachelorette."
It was announced Monday on "Good Morning America" that Clare Crawley will be the latest looking for love in the franchise.

Viewers will remember that the 38-year-old hair stylist from Sacramento was a runner-up six years ago during season 18 of "The Bachelor" where she had a famous blowup with bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis. For fans of the "Bachelor" franchise, some of the best news of the year came a little early Monday morning when franchise alum Clare Crawley, 38, was announced on "Good Morning America" as season 16's leading lady. This will be Crawley's fifth appearance in "Bachelor" nation.

Crawley went on to appear on the first two seasons of "Bachelor in Paradise" and "The Bachelor Winter Games" in 2018.
The latter show resulted in her becoming engaged to Benoit Beauséjour-Savard after he popped the question during "The Bachelor Winter Games: World Tells All" show.

Appearing Monday morning on "GMA," Crawley revealed the news came suddenly to her: She only found out Saturday.



"So unexpected, can you believe this?" she said. "I cannot believe it."

Not only is the newest star not from the current season of "The Bachelor," as she often is, Crawley marks a significant increase in age for the franchise's leads as of late: The last three stars — Colton Underwood, Hannah Brown and Peter Weber— have been 26, 24 and 28 respectively during filming.

The pair split two months later.
Crawley sounded as surprised by her pick as some viewers may be.
"Can you believe it?" she said Monday morning on "Good Morning America." "Six years later? What is happening?"

"Babies. I feel like I could be their mom almost," she joked.

"A lot of people put (age) out there as a negative thing, but for me it just is more years under my belt, more learning and knowing what I want, what I don't want and what I won't settle for."

What kind of man will Crawley be searching for this season? She said she doesn't really have a type and she's fine with dating men younger than her.

Crawley joked that she felt "almost" old enough to be the mother of the three finalists on the current season of "The Bachelor," all of whom are younger than 25.
She said she views her age as an advantage.

She's actually more concerned about younger contestants having a problem with dating an older woman.

"I feel like a lot of people put it out there as this negative thing," she said. "For me, it's just more years under my belt, more years learning and knowing what I want and what I won't settle for."

The new season of "The Bachelorette" is scheduled to begin airing in May.

"For me the most important thing is I want a man that will take off his armor. I want a man who is strong, but is willing to take off the body armor, open himself up and be vulnerable. I think that is some serious strength right there. So I want a man who can do that... I have been known to date younger guys, so that's not a problem for me... I feel so much younger at heart than my actual age. I'm proud of my age, but I just feel younger."

She added: "The biggest thing for me is, honestly, it's all what's on the inside. I don't care (about) the outside. If you lined up the guys I've dated in the past, There's no one thing I look for physically.

It's more if they go out of their way for me, if they make me feel special. Because this is about me now. And I'm ready for it."